Image Map

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Ahhh! My First Post!

I am so excited to have my first post.  I am not sure what this blog will entail, but I am most sure it will have to do with my family, friends, and most importantly 1st Grade!

Let me introduce myself a bit.  

My name is Mrs. Kellams and I am so excited to be teaching first grade in Lee County, Florida!!  1st Grade is very fun with tons of learning and new adventures and I can’t wait to share them with my students and see what the year has in store for them.  I am excited to learn all about them, but first I am going to tell you all about me.

I was born and raised in a small town in Louisiana and I am the oldest of three.  I have a
younger sister and and a younger brother, and 6 nieces and nephews (who you will see lots of on here!).  I love them so much!  When I graduated from high school, I moved to Tallahassee, Florida with my mom and brother.  In the fall of 2006, I met my now husband, Noel.  

Noel is a wonderful teacher too!  He has been a teacher for 6 years in the same county; he teaches middle school, gifted, history.    He is beginning his 7th year right now!  After Noel and I were married I decided to speed up the college process and quickly finished my degree in Elementary Education!  I was so excited and couldn’t wait to begin teaching!

I began here at the school I am currently employed at in 1st grade and I never left!  This is my 4th year and I couldn’t be happier!  I adore teaching in first grade because this is such a big year for children academically.  They learn so much!!  This is the year they begin reading more and discovering the things around them. 

Some of my favorite things:

Favorite - black
Favorite Season - Spring
Favorite Food - Asian
Favorite Fast Food - Chick-Fil-A
Favorite Drink - water
  Favorite Sport - Football (Go Saints!!)
Favorite Animal - My kitty (Scampi)
Favorite Book - Hunger Games
Favorite Song - I am a music ADDICT! 
Favorite Hobby - Photography

Some pictures of my family and I!

Noel & I

Me, my brother Jeremy, and my sister Kelly.
Makenna & Trevor
Gabriel, Madelynn, my dad Jerry, Warner (in his lap), & Taylor
My mom Kathryn, my step-father JL, and Ariel.

I have to find some great pictures of my husbands family and then I will post them.  I will also post some of my classroom when I get it finished for the year!


No comments:

Post a Comment